A company with a history

Raster-Zeulenroda has been a leader in the field of high-performance forming technology for more than 140 years. More than 110 people are employed at Raster-Zeulenroda Werkzeugmaschinen GmbH, in the three company departments press manufacturing, customer service/press modernization and contract manufacturing. Nearly 60,000 quality machines were manufactured in Zeulenroda and are in use worldwide today, delivering a maximum degree of efficiency and reliability. 

Raster-Zeulenroda over the course of time

In 1868 the foundation stone for the manufacturing of sheet metal processing machinery was laid in the lamp factory of Carl Traugott Kneusel in the Thuringian city of Zeulenroda. In 1883 Paul Blell founded a company for turning machines on the same site. His production programme was constantly expanded with boring tools, milling machines, planers and other machine tools. In 1919, Adolf Lang was a further company in the field of mechanical engineering that was founded in Zeulenroda. On January 1, 1955 the city's three large mechanical engineering companies were consolidated into the VEB Werkzeugmaschinenfabrik Zeulenroda, in short WEMA. Until 1989, the VEB WEMA ZEULENRODA was one of the leading mechanical engineering companies in the former GDR, which sold presses and forming machines throughout the world under the brand name WMW. After it was privatized in 1990, the product takeover from RASTER, AGEOH and Walter-Pressen laid the foundation for the Raster-Zeulenroda Werkzeugmaschinen Gesellschaft, which was then founded in 1994. Since 2008, the company is being operated by the Dörmann family under the name Raster-Zeulenroda Werkzeugmaschinen GmbH. 

 Feel free to browse through our corporate brochure.